Board of Health
Health Officer: Lucy Forgione, email@example.com, 908-204-2520
Dept. of Health Bernards Township (908) 204-3072
Board of Health Meeting Agenda – April 13, 2016
Board of Health Reorganization Meeting Agenda - January 13, 2016
Fact Sheet on Lead in Drinking Water
Resources for ZIKA Virus
The Board of Health is responsible for the administration and enforcement of all health ordinances of the Township and for adopting rules, regulations, and ordinances designed to promote and protect the health, safety, and general welfare of the residents.
In Long Hill Township, the Township Clerk is the Registrar of Vital Statistics.
Long Hill Township contracts its day-to-day Board of Health functions to the Bernards Township Health Department. They can be contacted by phone at 908-204-2520 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retail food sanitation and inspections - click HERE to view Food Establishment Inspection Ratings
- Environmental lead paint inspection
- Investigation and remediation
- Recreational bathing inspections
- Pet shops, pounds and kennels inspection
- Animal bite investigations and Rabies Control
- Well and subsurface sewage disposal (septic) system inspections
- Public health nuisance control DEP investigation follow-up
- A list of links to other governmental health resources is available on the Bernards Township Health Department website.
To Receive Health Department Monthly e-Newsletter Health Matters:
1. Visit the Bernards Township website at: www.bernards.org
2. Choose "Sign-Up" in top left of homepage.
3. Complete mailing list form and select: Health Department News
(includes Health Matters e-newsletter, pro grams and clinics, Municipal Alliance and Building Youth)
*You can "unsubscribe" at any time.
Animal Control: http://www.longhillnj.gov/animal-control.html
Click here for FLU BASICS - What you need to know
Promoting Public Health
The Board of Health also contracts with the Somerset Visiting Nurses for a number of services. They can be reached at (908) 766-0180. The services they provide to the Township include:
- Health maintenance and monitoring for senior citizens
- Flu & Pneumonia shots
- Vaccines for Children – Free for children birth to age 18 who do not have health insurance
- Home Visits
- School health audits
- Communicable disease follow-up