Millington and Gillette schools were built in 1934-35. The funding came from the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works (PWA), which was chartered to spread money around during the Depression, to keep the building trades employed. The PWA sent $95,000 to cover the entire cost of the two 4-room schoolhouses. 30% was a grant, the remainder was a low-interest loan.
(Note that the PWA was not the WPA. The PWA loaned money to local projects. The WPA directly hired workers to construct federal projects.)